Things are better. First of all I took 3 days off for Live Oak and listened to great music all day and night, watched birds and squirrels and bugs, heard the sounds of happy campers all round, and no construction noise!! Plus, I guess I missed the worst of the noise - generators and air guns for putting in the roofing nails on one side, and chipping out the stucco on the other side. Where the 2 parts of the house got joined, and where they had to demolish to build the new roof for the garage, all has to be stripped off, re-papered and re-chicken wired before the actual stucco gets applied. By hand, I am told.
But other stuff happens at the same time. We have a roof now; it has skylights in place (haven't tested for leakage yet).
Now come the hordes of sub contractors - stucco installation, painters, tile installers. The stucco people are sub-contractors: they come in, do the job, and split. not connected to the outcome. Dave, the painter, and your next best friend (yes, there's a story to that and, no, I won't tell it), came by with a helper and painted the rooster tails, fascias and eaves under the new roofs.
With the construction crew work winding down, it seemed a good time to have a party for the guys who did all the dirty work up to now, including coming out in the (literal) middle of a Saturday night when it poured down rain (not once, but twice) to put (more) better covering over the holes in the roof(s), and mopping out the garage where it flooded. Hotdogs, hamburgers and beer. A few neighbors came too, and it turned into a great driveway barbeque.
Things are much better now. And, it's officially summer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment